Job Opening for Veterinarian
Independently be able to work as a Veterinarian with the help of administrative staff and technicians and accomplish the following tasks:
- Well visit examination and provide immunization to animals.
- Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries and provide a treatment plan to treat such animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
- Collection of samples for examinations and analyses including body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids.
- Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic or ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
- Advise animal owners regarding sanitary measures, feeding, general care, medical conditions, or treatment options.
- Educate the public about diseases that can be spread from animals to humans.
- Attend lectures, conferences, or continuing education courses.
- Establish or conduct quarantine or testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans and that comply with applicable government regulations.
- Perform Emergency procedures and administer life-saving measures to pet animals.
- Counsel clients about the deaths of their pets or about euthanasia decisions for their pets.
- Inventory Management: Maintain adequate levels of inventory of various in-house diagnostic kits and other medicines, injections and medical supplies for an efficient and smooth running of the Veterinary Clinic.
- Supervise administrative staff and technicians. Provide adequate training and create a cohesive functioning unit.
- Provide regular feedback to the President or other personnel designated by them about the Clinic operations and business and community opportunities.
President or other personnel so designated from time to time.
The successful candidate would be: Graduate in Veterinary Science from an accredited Veterinary School in the United States or equivalent (Post graduation preferred) ECFVG Certification if a foreign graduate Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in State of Michigan 3 years of work experience as a licensed veterinarian Strong inter-personal skills Computer Skills - MS Office Suite Ability to handle standard medical equipment.
In Person: Canton Animal Hospital, 43439 Michigan Ave, Canton, MI 48188
Fax: (734) 397-7860